Trauma-Informed Yoga is a gentle exercise
that engages your body, mind, spirit and supports you to be more fully
present in your life.
Yoga may help you experience:
- increased ease in your day-to-day life
- better sleep
- less pain
- more vitality
- improved mood
- less reactivity
- greater well-being
- increased confidence.
Please note, at this time, the classes are on-line.
Why would I choose to do this yoga?
If you have any of the following situations in your life,
then Trauma Informed Yoga may be helpful:
- COVID fatigue (isolation, fear, illness, insecurity, burnout)
- A history of physical, emotional, sexual trauma
- Fight or flight responses to everyday situations
- A high startle response
- Difficulty (or never) feeling safe
- Feeling your body is your enemy
- Difficulty relaxing or calming down
- Growing up in a dysfunctional family
- Fear, shame, humiliation as everyday experiences
- A need to be perfect (or a need for others to be perfect)
- Chronic illness, cancer, long-haul Covid, infertility, autoimmune issues
- Feeling like you are not breathing or that you are always holding your breath.
Trauma is often a wound to our relational selves - it affects our relationship with others, ther world, the divine
(How could a loving God let this happen to me? Or to anyone?) and ultimately, ourselves.
Spiritual dimension of yoga
The word "yoga" comes from a Sanskrit word meaning "to yoke" or "bring together."
The intention is to help the practitioner experience wholeness.
There is a spiritual dimension to yoga that is experienced as one becomes more connected to and
centered in oneself.
This may open one to a deeper sense of oneness and connectedness with all.
This class is suitable for, and welcomes, folks of any and all religous & spiritual practices.
Our focus is on mindfulness rather than prayers or chants.
Why focus on the breath?
In many languages the words for breath and spirit are the same. Not in English.
Breathing is the first action of an infant claiming life.
And it is the breath that continues to infuse us with life.
Feelings arise in the body. The way to not experience uncomfortable feelings is to constrict those parts of the body that
would feel or express those feelings. If done repeatedly,
this becomes a chronic holding which can result in a lack of vitality. When one begins to breathe, those suppressed feelings may emerge.
One of the focuses of this class is to help you be able to tolerate and move through difficult feelings without overwhelm and without needing to keep them stifled.
on and registration for classes
At Birth Your Life, I offer the several options for scheduling yoga classes. You may:
In addition to yoga, I offer the following options:
- participate in one class
- commit to a series of 4 classes
- create a schedule that works for you
- receive individual or small group sessions.
- Individual work in Energy Psychology, Energy Medicine, BioMagnetic Therapy,
Bodywork, Transformational Coaching
- Training, mentoring and certification as an Energy Psycholgy Professional
(please visit www.ireinst.com for more information and schedule).
To know more about yoga or my other work, please e-mail or call
Paula and Birth Your Life
I have been in the
healing arts for over 30 years. I am a licensed Marriage and Family
Therapist (MFC 40547) in California and (LMFT 7892) in South Carolina,
a Diplomate in Comprehensive Energy Psychology (DCEP), a TAT® Trainer, an instructor of
ThetaHealing® and Birth Your Life® Energetic Healing, a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP),
a Transformational Coach, a practitioner of Rosen Method Bodywork and BioMagnetic Therapy,
a yoga instructor and minister.
I have a long-time practice in meditation.
Birth Your Life has been developed out of my passion for helping
others recover from trauma and claim and live their lives to their
I work with individuals, families and groups in my Mt. Pleasant, SC, office
and elsewhere via zoom, phone or Skype.
| Services | Classes
and Groups | Individual